Saturday, January 27, 2007

Seinfeld

Last night I saw Jerry Seinfeld give his stand up comedy routine in East Lansing. He was fantastic. I had been wanting to catch his act for quite a while so when the opportunity for tickets came around I grabbed them quickly and despite the price I am glad I did. I took my friend Joni and we had a lot of fun. We were laughing so hard that are throats were dry and our stomach muscles were sore.

His act covers a lot of subjects and it boggles my mind that someone could find something witty to say about all those things and then link them together in an hour and a half routine. What I liked most about the show was that it relatively clean compared to other stand ups that I have heard in the past. He did swear occasionally but it wasn't as offensive as I thought it might have been. A the very end he does a great bit about bathroom stalls and why the doors don't go all the way to the floor. To me that was by far his best material.

Another comic named Mario Joyner was his opening act and his bit on Home Depot might have been the funniest thing I have ever heard. He said they should change their name to you're on your own and that the employees wear the aprons to keep work off of them. I would pay to see his act again all on his own.

It's too bad the Seinfeld isn't still making TV shows. His ability to find humor in everyday scenarios trumps all the other so called comedies on prime time combined. At least his show is still on syndication.

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

That sounds like a good time. Love Jerry.

Took my son to see Charlotte's Web and one of the previews was for a movie starring Jerry called "Bee Movie" -- he's dressed as this huge Bee...looked weird, but I'm trusting it will be funny if he's involved.

David Drury said...

dude... great to hear you saw Jerry S... how cool.

HAve you seen his documentary called "comedian"? good stuff.