Thursday, January 04, 2007

Friends

Over the past two weeks, I was fortunate to have some time off from work as we moved into a new office. I took that time and was able to visit several friends of mine in the west Michigan area. It was great to catch up with all of them. Sometimes I get frustrated that I don't yet have the level of friendship here in Lansing that I do with my longer friendships. But then I realize that many people don't have either the number or depth of friends that I have. I easily have a dozen people in my life that I would consider a close friend. Occasionally, I wish they lived in town or that they knew each other so my relationships were less one on one but more community based. Having said that, I do appreciate each and every one of them. I find that each brings something different to my life. Sometimes it is wisdom, sometimes it is laughter, sometimes it is encouragement, sometimes it is intimacy and often times is it just somebody to listen to me bitch about my dating life. I need all these things and my friends help fill that role for me.

1 comment:

DAKOTARANGER said...

We miss you too. That's about as sappy as I get Fetz.