Friday, March 31, 2006

Vacation


I am leaving tomorrow for a weeklong vacation with my brother and his family. We are renting a houseboat on Lake Mead which is between Nevada and Arizona. I am looking forward to getting away for a while because work has been unbelievably busy lately and this will be my last break before the election in November.

This trip will be different than most of my other adventures because I will actually be traveling with other people. Usually I go alone and have gotten used to that feeling. Now I will be with 7 others on a boat all week. What's really nice is that my Brother and I don't often vacation together and I look forward to spending some time with him and beating him in race for the whitehouse. It will also be good to spend quality time with my nephews who have been wrestling with a lot of teenage stuff lately. I wish I lived closer to them so I could see them more often but this week I will be living especially close to them.

I am taking my laptop but I don't know if they will have wi-fi out there or not. My guess is I may be dark for a few days but I will try to post if I get a chance.

4 comments:

Feltzy said...

Do YOU ever win at Race for the Whitehouse?!? I remember beating you a lot when we played. Just ride Texas and Illinois all the way to the WhiteHouse baby!!!

DAKOTARANGER said...

Have a great trip.

Party at Fetz's place

Feltzy said...

Craig-I'll bring the (Root) BEER!

I miss hanging out with the fellas to watch the Final Four. Jeff and I did it the last couple years that I was in Indiana. It would be fun to try to plan a trip to someone's house or to someWHERE for the Final Four weekend. Like=go to Vegas and hang out for the Final Four. The Final Four in 2007 is in Atlanta, 08 is in San Antonio (this would be fun if I am still in Texas!), 09 is at Ford Field in Detroit, 2010 is back in Indy (I should have moved to Indy!), 2011 is in Houston (I might know of some places to stay!).

Anyway-let's open some dialogue. I know, for me, that my 10 year college anniversary is coming up in 2007 and that would be fun to go to Homecoming but only if others are headed there as well!

David Drury said...

HOpe the vacation is going great, Jeff.

-DD