Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Revelation

A thought came to me over the weekend regarding faith. I was praying for a family member and in the middle of my prayer I realized that I often want God to demonstrate his power and then as a result of that demonstration my faith will be increased. The reality is just the opposite. When my faith is increased that is when his power is more fully demonstrated in my life. This is not a new concept to most of us but it is something that I continue to wrestle with. I forget all the works God has done for me already and judge him by what he has done for me lately. I want to have faith but I want God to prove himself first. And then I wonder why he doesn't provide the answers that I want. I am reminded of James, Chapter 1 when it says that if a man lacks anything he should ask God who gives generously to all. But when he asks he must believe and not doubt or he is like the waves of the sea tossed and blown by the wind. Lately I feel more like the waves then I prefer. So I guess I am going to try out this new approach of believing first and receiving second. Accordingly, I am expecting big things to happen in my life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fetz... I have really enjoyed your postings lately (well, the old one's were good too). Keep up the great posts and thanks for the reminder to increase our faith.

JMak