Monday, March 13, 2006

Weekend Update

Since my last two posts a few things have happened. First Bill frist won the Republican Presidential straw poll which is somewhat expected since it was held in his home state. What wasn't expected was Mitt Romney placing a strong second. Maybe there were a lot of Mormons at the conference. The supposed front runner John McCain finished a distance fifth. So the race goes on and on and on........

As for college basketball, I was not shocked that Michigan didn't make it to the tournament. Maybe they will do well in the NIT. What did surprise me was how poorly the committee did seeding the tournament. Gonzaga, Pittsburgh and George Washington all got screwed while the committee somehow rewarded teams like Tennessee, Syracuse and Indiana. For the record I am picking against all three in the first round. I am not sure about the rest of my picks yet but if you want to fill out a bracket, go to http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/men The league ID# 57015 and the password is freckles.

No comments: