Thursday, March 16, 2006

March Madness Part 2

I know the games have already started but I wanted to get my final four picks on record. Thankfully none of them have lost yet. Picking the bracket was a big challenge and I have no feel for what I am doing this year. I am in two pools and ended up with two completely different final fours which is not something I normally do but I think it might help spread the risk. In the pool at work which is actually for money I have Connecticut, Duke, Kansas and Ohio St. I picked Ohio St over Kansas in the final game. In my online pool with friends and family which is just for pride and bragging rights I have Memphis, Texas, MSU and Villanova. In this pool I picked Villanova over Memphis in the final. I know that most people are picking Duke and Connecticut to win so I wanted to be different. But don't trust my judgment. This morning, a friend of mine with limited basketball knowledge emailed me his picks to look them over and make sure they weren't way out there. I wrote back that they looked good except that he picked Montana to beat Nevada and I told him to change it. Well, Montana did beat Nevada earlier today in the first real upset of the tourney. Well, half time is almost over and I have half a dozen more games to watch tonight.

1 comment:

DAKOTARANGER said...

Shoot I should have sent you mine