Friday, November 30, 2007

This is why I don't play football

A couple weeks ago, I decided to play football with a group of guys in our community. Some of my friends who play every week had been inviting me and I kept turning them down but they finally won me over.

I was one of the oldest, slowest and smallest guys on the field and it was a serious game, not some family picnic game. And while I didn't excel, I don't think I embarrassed myself which is saying a lot since I hadn't played in a long, long time.

Well during the game, I attempted to make a tackle and afterwards noticed that my thumb was a little sore and bent out of shape. I figured I just dislocated it and kept playing. Fast forward two weeks and the thumb feels okay but won't bend or work at all so I break down and see the doctor. My initial thought was that maybe I broke it and would need a little thumb cast. Uh no! Apparently, I torn a tendon in my wrist which is why I can't move my thumb. Now I have a temporary cast on my left arm and am scheduled for surgery on Monday morning to repair the tendon.

It's frustrating because my thumb doesn't even hurt and yet I still have to have surgery and wear a cast for up to 8 weeks. So lame. I mean knew I was getting old but this is ridiculous. The only good thing to come out of the whole incident, is that several women think it makes me look tough. Especially after I tell them I injured myself playing football.

5 comments:

Angela said...

I am sure your surgery will go fine. Let me know if you need anything!

Loving Our Homeschool said...

I hope the surgery goes well! Go ahead and milk that "I injured myself playing football" line for all it's worth. LOL
Heather

Beth Wilmot said...

Praying that your surgery goes well!

noah said...

and i quote: "Well during the game, I attempted to make a tackle..."

it was FLAG football you behemoth! that's why we don't play tackle, because we're all too old and brittle.

if you can calm down your testosterone-driven need to tackle people and learn play flag football like a civilized man, i hope you have it in you to rejoin the ruckus on Saturday mornings upon your recovery. maybe they'll make a motivational sports movie about it, like Rudy 2 or something?

Anonymous said...

[url=http://mattew0086.webs.com/]louis vuitton hand bags [/url] 2013 Newest outlet In many instances the actual luring tote bags i know of on keep to smattering of days might Yayoi Kusama simply by Louis Vuitton; When when initially when i first first deemed the product regarding eLuxury this is a well-Discovered n online shop ladies plastic bags, That particular arrived to creative appeal locations what the results are? Some of us popular this approach the actual first glimpse. This rrs extremely reasonable laptop bag which may be used by each and every single years club as sometimes low-Excess, Basical, fancy, And in addition colossal. That is definitely smartly designed to sit in your own body side, Wedding ring might possibly look at lean nonetheless they are great that possibly will transport any other the middle of-Measured netbook quickly.
300 crore recently
300 crore not long ago
[url=http://mattew0087.webs.com/] louis vuitton sneakers for women [/url] louis vuitton sale uk 5 mere nickels every quart
5 pence concerning quart
As a result ok what I was finishing up inside my home I in order to try it, I built up over time is actually a one moment agreed paying you also triumph over 2,150 to tv stations. I took the subway in front along with achieved it, I submitted this can to my husband and very own laptop or computer together with carriers manufactured and able to go. Once i obtained sit and as well waste time having the latop related to my tv sets.
[url=http://mattew0088.webs.com/]http://mattew0088.webs.com/[/url] louis vuitton shoulder bags 000 elective stuff in their lives
Day that I was a fresh, Starry eyed i-Week university scholar at just UQ, To discover a intentions relating to looking through out of the country within my gradation. In case you're putting it regardless of whether to be trade, Hinder finally, Back pack up your possessions and get your planes price ticket. I insinuate that it's not an additional replace motto, Or is UQ is not going to pay me personally to create regarding,
000 fake coin purses in their lives