Saturday, November 17, 2007

Silver Bells


One of the things I enjoy about most about Lansing are the festivals and events that occur throughout the year. Last night we welcomed in the holiday season with the annual silver bells parade and Christmas tree lighting. To celebrate the event, I invited several friends of mine downtown and we watched the parade from my office. This is the first year that my office actually faces the capitol building. About 12 of us watched out the window in the dark. From the sixth floor it was a great view of the parade route along Capitol Avenue. It was also a lot warmer than standing on the street. My favorite part was watching the fireworks with the capitol building as background. It was a good time and I am already looking forward to next year's silver bells.

No comments: