Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thank you

Thank you to everyone who prayed for me last night. The sermon went very well and I sense that it was just the right message for our community. I'll admit that I was nervous before hand and almost panicked when I got a call just before the service, that our entire worship band was not coming because they were sick or out of town. Without any music, I didn't like the idea of being the sole center of attention. But thankfully, it wasn't about me and when I was reminded of that, it helped me relax a bit.

So instead of singing, we prayed and took communion and it was a really good service. I have to laugh because last Easter we didn't have heat in our building and now on Thanksgiving we didn't have music. I suspect Christmas will be interesting. Maybe we will run out of coffee or have no power. Good thing we are flexible.

Last night's message was from Numbers 11 and was a reminder to be thankful for what God provides in our lives. I think the church will have a podcast available of the sermon later this week on our website. So for those who missed it in person you can listen at home.

2 comments:

Tameshia said...

What would we do without coffee?! I am glad it went well and can't wait to hear the podcast. I was definitely there in spirit.

Teacher Mom said...

I'm glad it went well! I thought of you this morning and wondered how it went.