Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Dan In Real Life

Contrary to those people who think I never like any movies, I just saw one that I really enjoyed. Dan In Real Life is a very good movie about a single dad who meets a woman and the impact that relationship has on his family. A majority of the scenes take place with his extended family at their cottage in Rhode Island. It was very touching, romantic, beautifully filmed and laugh out loud funny. Steve Carell does a terrific job acting, as does the rest of the cast.

One scene in particular stuck with me. The teenage daughter's boyfriend tells the father that love is not a feeling but an ability. I realize it is just a line in a movie but it was thought provoking. I have never thought of love in those terms but it makes sense and gives me great pause. I wonder some days if I have somehow lost that ability because it has been so long since I have been in love.

Anyways, the movie is well worth seeing in the theater. And if you know me at all, you will understand what a powerful endorsement that is.

3 comments:

noah said...

dude that was the 1 movie in theaters that i actually wanted to see

we're going to have to wait forever to cash this bet in

The Whisper Campaign said...

We just saw this the other night and I loved it too. I love movies that make me laugh and wince in pain at the same time. I think you know what I mean if you like the movie.

Feltzy said...

Hey Fetz-If you're not careful, you'll become the introspective, analyzer that you all pick on me for being!

It's kind of fun to go through an experience and be able to reflect and apply it, isn't it?!?