Friday, July 07, 2006

Grumpy


This week I have been un-ordinarily grumpy for some reason. Sure, I am sometimes sullen and sardonic but usually there is a hint of humor to my bitterness. Not so this week. It's hard to laugh when the people around me keep pissing me off for no reason. I really don't understand why I am in such a funk because I had a great weekend and holiday. Maybe the world is really full of idiots and slackers and I am just now realizing it.

I went to sleep early last night to try and work the feeling out of my system but it hasn't worked and in fact my attitude seems to be spreading the rest of the office. I feel a little sorry for Jennie in my office who has gotten most of my disdain but to be fair she has been in a foul mood herself. If you've ever watched Becker, you'll get a good description of our office this week and let me tell you its no picnic. I mean it's funny on TV but not so much fun in real life.

I am hoping things change this weekend. I get to play a game of poker with some friends on Friday night and then my brother is setting me up with a women he knows on Saturday. Maybe my fortune and attitude will change. But then again, I could lose my shirt at the poker game and my fix up could go horribly wrong and I will back in this state again next week. One thing is for sure, my co-workers are hoping that's not the case.

1 comment:

Don said...

Fetz - Ray called today and I'll be in GR at the end of the month. That should cheer you up - think about all the crushing you will do with Race to the White House. Big Cheater...