Monday, July 24, 2006

My Ex-girlfriend's Wedding

Saturday night I went to an ex girlfriend's wedding reception. I know it sounds strange that I would go to such an event but Michelle and I have been good friends since before we dated, while we dated and after we dated. It's a good formula to follow and it works well for me. This is actually not the first wedding of an ex girlfriend that I have attended. So I guess I am always an ex-boyfriend, never a groom.

The reception was a mix of people from all walks of life and I actually knew quite a few people. I enjoyed seeing her family again and got a chance to visit with several friends that I used to go to church with. What I find funny is the fallacy that weddings are a good place to pick up women. I have never found this to be the case. Usually, most women come with dates already and secondly, my chances of picking up a woman after she has seen me dance are limited to only the blind or the infirm.

Michelle did try to set me with up her friend Robin at the reception. Apparently she hadn't read my recent blog about fix ups because she chose the wrong person for me. Robin was very nice and sweet but a little quiet and boring. I already have quiet and boring in my life and I am ready for something different. Now her friend Nsombie was anything but quiet and boring but Michelle didn't think I could handle her. Too which I think if I was able to handle Michelle, how much tougher could her friend be?

All in all it was fun to celebrate their wedding. Her husband Aron seems like a pretty decent guy and they are a good fit. Usually I don't like receptions simply because I don't need married people gloating about how happy they are and flaunting their newfound life. But this one wasn't that bad. I wish them both a long and successful relationship.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeff If I remember correctly YOU NEVER WERE ABLE TO HANDLE ME!
and second Nsombie makes me look like Mother Theresa.