Monday, June 26, 2006

My Grandpa



My Grandpa visited me this past weekend. My Mom finally guilted him into coming to Michigan since he had already visited my aunt in Florida numerous times this year. It was a quick visit but is was great to see him again. On Friday I took he and my Mom to a new upscale restaurant in Lansing called Majority and we had a good lunch together. Then I took them on a quick tour of the capitol building to see where I work. I like playing tourguide and I think they enjoyed seeing the capitol.

One thing I noticed was that he is getting up there in years. I usually don't notice people getting older but he was much more labored this weekend than I remember. I guess that's what happens when you get over 80. It's weird but I never really think of him as that old. He is just my Grandpa who has been a fixture in my life for so long that I still think of him as being the same man he was 25 years ago. Now seeing him age, I am forced to reflect that life is shorter than we think and that we should enjoy people while we have them in our lives.

No comments: