Sunday, June 25, 2006

barefoot

I met the pastor of a new church plant a couple weeks ago. My friend Kevin is his neighbor and knew that I was looking for a new church so he gave me his contact info. His name is Noah and the church is called barefoot. After having coffee together, I could tell he was a cool guy and someone that I wanted to get to know. I was also interested in learning more about the church and tonight I finally attended one of their meetings.

It was mostly young people who were very friendly and down to earth. What impressed me most about this church is that they are committed to helping other people. In August they are planning a trip to Mississippi to help out victims of hurricane Katrina. Later that month they are sponsoring a concert at a local club to raise money to purchase a well for a village in Africa. These are the kinds of activities that I strongly believe the church should be engaging in. I can see myself buying into their vision and even though the church hasn't even officially launched yet, I think this could be my next church home.

1 comment:

Feltzy said...

Wow Fetz! It sounds like this could be the place!! It really seems to fit a lot of the things that you have been praying for in a church!!!

I hope that it works out. AWESOME!!!