Tuesday, February 28, 2006

No More Fast Food

Is it just me or does it feel like time is flying by this year? As I look at the calendar I can hardly believe it's already March and the start of Lent. The past few years I have given up or tried giving up certain things for lent that held a power over me. Last year it was TV and while it was difficult, I appreciated the break and began to use my time more wisely. This year I have decided that I am giving up fast food. I tried this a couple years ago and only lasted a couple weeks but I am feeling up to the task this time.

Giving up fast food should help me in two ways. First of all it should help me lose a little weight. I noticed a few weeks ago that I had put on quite a few pounds and I hope that by cutting down on my late night taco bell runs, I can get into a little bit better shape. Secondly, I am hoping to save some money. I tried keeping track of all the money I spent on food and it was discouraging. So if I can eat at home more often I should see a little extra money in my pocket.

I look forward to the next couple months as I prepare for Easter. When I look back at what God has done for me, giving up fast food is hardly difficult in comparison.

4 comments:

Feltzy said...

I have given up caffeinated beverages. I already am getting headaches!

DAKOTARANGER said...

I thought about giving up women but that seamed a little to easy. I'm gonna try to cut out carbonated drinks.

David Drury said...

Hey Jeff...

Godspeed on the giving up Fast Food. Kathy and I did that the day after watching the documentary "SuperSize Me" We ate at McDonalds once in Florida but she had a salad and I had an awful chicken sandwich.

I bet you won't miss it, really.

Anonymous said...

better late than never
happy birthday buwanna donny

you old fart.

-Ray