Sunday, February 05, 2006

Nervous Energy

Two and a half hours til kick off and I am stir crazy. I even finished cleaning my bathroom hoping that would kill some of the down time because I don't know what else to do with myself. I have been watching NFL films of the previous Superbowls with the Steelers. I still remember Superbowl 13 and 14 but the memories are pretty vague as I was only 6 but I remember I couldn't fall asleep after the game when they beat the Rams. My Mom let me stay up until the 11 news to see the highlights. (This was pre ESPN) What's funny is that my Mom is not a big sports fan mostly in retaliation to my stepdad's obsession with the subject. But she is a Pittsburgh girl and those roots run deep and she's been rooting for the Steelers this year. Tonight I am going to their house to watch the game with the rest of my family and small group of friends. I hope I can relax and enjoy both the game and the company but most likely I will be a nervous wreck pacing, yelling, sighing and tossing my terrible towel at the TV. And that will be before the game even starts. Okay, I gotta go. I don't want to miss the snacks before the game. My final prediction is Steelers 38 Seahawks 24.

No comments: