Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Olga's Kitchen

My stepsister Kelly recently came to Michigan to visit. I always enjoy her company and her kids are great. Whenever she comes, we have a tradition of going to Olga's Kitchen. It's Kelly's favorite restaurant and they don't have any locations in Kentucky. The funny thing is that my whole family gets the exact same thing every time we go to Olga's. In fact, I could probably order for the entire table as I have heard them order so many times. This time however, I was going to try and break the routine. The menu has about 25 different sandwiches but in the end I chose my usual, an Olga's original with a small salad and fries. It wasn't the most adventuresome choice but definitely a safe one. It made me realize how many other areas in my life where I choose the safe choice in lieu of trying something new. Maybe I am just a creature of habit.

1 comment:

Tameshia said...

Nothing wrong with being a creature of habit, unless you find yourself regretting the choices you don't make or wondering what could've been. If that's the case, baby steps are a good place to start.

Hope you enjoyed the 4th with your family!