Sunday, July 29, 2007

Change in attitude

Yesterday I helped my buddy Sam move out of his apartment. The day didn't start well as nearly every road between his house and mine was closed for construction. After cussing several times, I finally arrived 15 minutes late. When I got there he and his kids were eating popcorn and candy for breakfast, much had not been packed yet and he hadn't even picked up the trailer. I remember thinking that it was going to be a long day. When he asked me if I would take his kids and pick up another buddy of ours named John while he went and picked up the trailer I was a little frustrated. It wasn't my first choice because I hardly know his kids and had no idea where John lived but I reluctantly agreed. That drive turned out to be the changing point for my attitude. While driving, we took turns selecting great songs from the 80's on Sam's MP3 player. There is nothing better than having young kids enjoy music from my past. We rocked out to Eye of the Tiger and Summer of 69 and by the time I picked up John my mood had changed and the rest of the day went fine. Sometimes it just takes the simple enthusiasm of kids to improve the day.

No comments: