Thursday, July 05, 2007

Not Much?

I just ran into a friend of mine who works in my building. He asked me what I've been up to and without thinking, I told him not much. As I got on the elevator I began to realize that I really did do a lot of things since I was him last week Thursday. My stepsister came to town, I visited with my Stepbrother Chris whom I hadn't seen in several years. I played with my niece and nephew, took several boat rides on my parents lake, played Golf, went to a Tigers game, attended a friends wedding, celebrated my nephews birthday party, toured a million dollar home in Grand Rapids and won my weekly home poker game. And this is just off the top of my head.

It's telling that my natural answer to that question is to ignore all the things I have done and simply shrug my shoulders as if to say my life is boring. Maybe I am just giving him the answer that I expect he wants to hear. Or I just didn't want to spend 20 minutes explaining to him all my activities and that's fine. But sometimes I need to remind myself that I shouldn't shortchange all the good things in my life.

No comments: