Sunday, July 22, 2007

My new look

This past Friday I went in for LASIK eye surgery. It was a success although the whole procedure was a bit nerve racking. Thankfully they gave me Valium before hand which helped me to relax during the surgery. They gave me a dvd of the surgery but I haven't watched it yet. Maybe when my eyes are fully healed.

It has now been two days and some times my vision is great and other times it's still a little blurry. The doctor tells me this is normal. Anyways, I just think it's incredible that they can cut into my eye and correct my vision. Science is truly amazing. That and having insurance that pays for the procedure. It is still weird to look in the mirror and see myself without my glasses but it feels great. Now, I just have to go buy some cool sunglasses.

4 comments:

Derek said...

Nice look... except for that hideous T-shirt you are wearing!:-)

Don said...

Actually, you have been wearing that shirt for over 20 years. Hardly a new look.

Jeannie said...

ha ha, i won't comment on the shirt, but congrats on kickin' the glasses! You are brave; I don't think I could do it.

IndyMom said...

Have you gotten your sunglasses yet?