Monday, April 09, 2007

Easter Weekend

This past weekend was very fun and relaxing. Friday night I had a few friends over for a small poker party. It was a good time and made better by the fact that I won some money. Although it was a little wierd playing poker on Good Friday.

Saturday night's church service was a bit of challenge as our building did not have heat and it was like 25 degrees here in Lansing. We had to switch the service to one of the smaller rooms in the church and then brought in several space heaters. It was cold but cozy and it turned out to be a good service. What I liked most about it was how flexible people were. Nobody complained or left because it was too cold. Instead people chipped in and helped move stuff around and get set up. I expect that several years from now we will all remember our first Easter service as a church. We can call it "Frozen Easter".


Then Sunday my parents came over from Clarksville and we went to Faith Church because they really enjoy the service. It was nice to be back as I hadn't been there in about 10 months. It was good to see some old friends and the service was really good. The worship band was a real highlight. Then after church I was able to host my first Easter dinner. It was fun making the meal and having my parents at the house. I think I am going to like being a home owner and hosting events.

All in all it was a good Easter weekend.

4 comments:

Tameshia said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. I'm sorry I missed Barefoot's 1st Easter service!

Teacher Mom said...

I'm glad your church was so flexible about Frozen Easter. LOL Thanks for the house pics! Looks good!

Jon said...

Nice picture of you kayaking!

Jeannie said...

this is my favorite blog format - love the kayak pic!