Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Bye Bye Beaners

With apologies to my friends that work at Beaners; so long suckers!

For the past several years I have been buying my coffee at Beaners. It tastes better than Starbucks and they are located right next store to my office. Lately however, I noticed that price keeps rising and rising and I am getting tired of paying almost 2 dollars for a plain cup of coffee.

Enter Cornerstone Coffee. They are new to Lansing and I just went there this morning. First of all they have great leather chairs, a warm fireplace and generally cozy atmosphere. But even better they are significantly cheaper than Beaners. The coffee was pretty good and they had five blends to choose from. Cornerstone is just around the block from my office so it is a little bit further to walk than Beaners but with warmer weather I don't mind.

I still have two free coffee cards to use at Beaners but once those are done, I won't be going back there. Unless of course it's raining.

2 comments:

Tameshia said...

Told you it was nice. I think I finally found a comfy coffeeshop to spend an evening reading a good book!

Beth Wilmot said...

There's a coffee place here in Holland that we'll have to take you to sometime. I honestly can't say if their coffee is good since I don't drink it, but everything I've had there is great, and it has a great atmosphere. I actually just came from there tonight!