Thursday, April 19, 2007

Day of Free Food

One thing I love about working around the capitol is all the free food. On any given week, I can eat upwards of 5 meals for free. But today was an especially good day. My roommate brought home extra bagels last night so I had one of those at home this morning. Then it was Sen. Stamas' birthday and they brought in cake and fruit and I snacked on that mid-morning. For lunch some healtcare group had a luncheon on the lawn which was very good. Chicken, Pizza, pasta, sandwiches, etc. My co-worker and I ate there. As we were walking away with our full plates she said she felt a little guilty taking all their food without really caring about the message they were pitching. I have long gotten past such guilty feelings. Then later in the day I used up one of my last free coffee cards at Beaners to get a caramel chill. Hopefully my run of free stuff will spill over to tomorrow. Otherwise it will be back to brown bag sandwiches and bananas.

2 comments:

Tameshia said...

Reminds me of my days working at the clinic. We had Panera at least 3 days a week courtesy of the drug reps. I'm not sure how much we actually bought of their product, we were always happy for the free food!

DAKOTARANGER said...

Being raised a Wesleyan PK I never felt guilty about someone else offering to feed me. Shoot, I'd share a meal with Mrs. Bill Clinton if she was buying.

I, however, would be suspious of Vladmir Putin since he's poisening off those that disagree with home