Thursday, January 19, 2006

Osama

Osama Bin Laden recently released a new video tape that attempts to offer a truce but also contains threats of future attack on US soil. What struck me when I read the transcript of his tape was how close his arguments and phrasing against the war and President Bush mirrored what the Democrats say about the war and President Bush. If one didn't know any better you would think they were operating from the same talking points. It was the same old, same old about how the US was losing the war, we are only there for oil, we are torturing innocent people, blah, blah, blah.

Now before all my democrat friends complain, I am not saying that democrats support Bin Laden. I am saying that he is using the Democrats and their arguments against the war for his own purposes. All I know is that if I suddenly realized that my comments were being used by our country's biggest enemy, I would certainly take pause to rethink my comments and reexamine my worldview.

Another thing I found strange was that he was asking for a truce. Does he not truly believe all his blustering about how they are winning the war? The winners never ask for a truce, only the losers. My friend CJ made an insightful comment on this same subject the other day about reaching a compromise with our enemies. He stated that because Islam has no concept of forgiveness but instead is driven by revenge, how can they in good faith meet us in the middle. They can't and any attempt by us to do so is ignorant of their religion and their purposes. In the end there will only be one winner and one loser in this long war against radical Islam. Either they are going to conquer our culture or the west will conquer theirs. There is no "win win" option because our sides our simply incompatible. In this context, it makes it all the more strange to see that Osama is asking for a "truce".

2 comments:

DAKOTARANGER said...

The monsters aren't stupid. They are media savey so they are going to quote/plagerize those who give them a leg to stand on.

The thing is the left is still holding out for a world wide communist regime that karl marx wrote about, where the government fades away, so they have no loyalty to the US.

Derek said...

Here's my solution... the G8 countries pay all the good people of Australia to relocate anywhere in the world they want. Then they pay to move all the Muslims & all their holy artifacts in Mecca & Medina (and anywhere else Muhammad trod)to Australia with the condition that no non-Muslim is allowed to go to Australia & no Muslim is allowed to leave it!