Wednesday, September 17, 2008

socks

I hate socks. One of my favorite things about summer time is wearing sandals and not having to wear socks. Now that fall is upon us and the Senate is back in session I unfortunately have to wear them again.

This morning I had an early breakfast and I woke up late and as I am rushing to get dressed I realized I had no matching dress socks. I had 12 individual socks laid out on my bed in various shades of blue, grey and black and none of them matched in size or color. After careful deliberation I chose the two darkest colored ones and tried to hide my ankles under my desk all day for fear of somebody noticing.

To think that somewhere there is a lost partner to all my lonely mismatched socks. Yet without that match all my current socks are useless.

3 comments:

Beth Wilmot said...

I've always said the best thing about summer is so few socks in the laundry. It takes forever to sort a million little white socks in three different sizes!

Jeannie said...

you could just be a rebel/hippie and wear birkenstocks all year round

jules said...

We currently have this corner in our bedroom hidden away from sight with about 500 individual socks. Each time I do laundry I am missing the pair. Once and awhile I take the pile out, sort and find a good dozen or more pairs. Great post!
Beth - I can't imagine sorting socks for 3 boys! UGH!