Monday, June 11, 2007

Lakisha


I just got back from listening to Lakisha Jones. The state held a rally in her honor today over on the steps of the capitol. My co-worker and I joined about 1000 other people on the capitol lawn. It wasn't a well organized rally as we sat through a lot of downtime and student bands and choirs performing. Then the construction workers across the street started drilling and you couldn't hear a thing over them. The only good part of waiting for her to sing was when the Lt. Governor stopped by and chatted with us for a few minutes. Then finally, Lakisha belted it out. She has a super strong voice that even the poor sound system couldn't hide. She also looks a lot skinnier in real life as opposed how she looked on TV. All in all it was a fun break during the workday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
my name is Tashmica Torok and I am the...well, let's just say I started The Whisper Campaign. Thank you for including our site in your cool links. Our main goal is to spread awareness about Darfur and you are helping us do that. I hope you will join us at the Screening of Hotel Rwanda, June 21st from 6pm-9pm at NCG Cinema. Tickets are $10 per person. All of the proceeds will go to the Genocide Intervention Network for their Civilian Protection Project. Sorry this has nothing to do with Lakisha. I just felt grateful.

fetzer said...

Thanks for the post. I heard about the whisper campaign from a friend of mine. Our church is buying several tickets for the movie next week. Hopefully I will meet you then.

Jeannie said...

i'm so jealous! she was my favorite for awhile...good to see she's gettin' some respect from MI!

Anonymous said...

Nice post… Thanks for sharing your such a nice person!…