Sunday, April 17, 2005

Yesterday

I usually stay away from posting my daily activities because I think most people will find them pretty boring to read. But yesterday was a fun and eventful day and I wanted to share some of my experiences.

The day started at 10:00 am which was much too early because I was out until 3:00 the night before. Anyways, my church was holding its monthly Christ In Action (CIA) event and we bought down the price of gas for one hour at a local gas station. We lowered the price by a quarter and then washed people's windshields and chatted with drivers as they filled up. It was a cool event. We drew a huge crowed and had lines at every pump. People were surprised but very happy to get the discount and most were happy to have company while they pumped their gas. All in all we reached over a hundred cars and also the owner of the gas station who I believe is not yet a Christian. Today's Lansing State Journal even printed a picture of our event on the front page which is great free publicity. The day reinforced the theory that small acts of kindness can be an effective outreach tool.

Then last night I was able to attend my first fashion show with my family. My sister in law's cousin is a student at MSU and he was one of the designers. His designs were very good and based on a Charlie Chaplain theme. It was a lot of fun and the female runway models were all attractive. So was the gal sitting next to me in the audience. I tell you guys, fashion shows are a good place to meet girls and you face no competition because the other guys in the crowd are all gay. The only down side of the night was when one male model came out on the runway in underwear and fuzzy white boots. I guess that was for all the other guys in the audience. Yuck.

After the show we went to a really bad karaoke bar in East Lansing. I felt a little bad for my Mom because she was noticeably out of place but she was a good trooper. It was funny listening to all the drunks singing. It was like being at a really bad American Idol tryout.

Anyways that was my day. Later this week I am going to write on dating, careers choices and servanthood. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://nnnmgsub.com/tnrs/hcac.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://eedltrti.com/ndbz/dnzj.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Good design!
http://nnnmgsub.com/tnrs/hcac.html | http://tmervpdn.com/wvuk/orkp.html