Monday, April 25, 2005

Busy Lately

I have not written as much lately because I have been busy. I usually try to keep a lot of free time for myself but that has not been the case recently. About two weeks ago I started teaching a class on Wednesday night for my church. We are studying world missions from a biblical, historical, cultural and strategic perspective. I have to admit it is a little more work than I first anticipated and I wonder how qualified I am to teach the material, but so far things have gone well. I am hoping that the class will spur an increased interest for missions in our church and encourage new leaders to participate in missions.

Then this weekend I went to Cincinnati for niece's birthday party. She just turned three and is the cutest little girl and has the sweetest disposition. She is full of smiles and it was a joy to be around her. I was also able to see both of my stepsister's new houses and both are living the good life. In comparison I am living in a ramshackle apartment. Seeing their new homes has motivated me to start looking at buying a home if I decide to stay in Lansing.

On the trip back to Michigan we drove through a snow storm which is totally unacceptable. It's not like this is North Dakota or something. Despite the weather, my family had a good time playing games in the car and we were actually able to name all but two of the presidents. Finally my degree in history pays off. However, I suck at hangman and after losing to my nephew I may never play it again.

Now I am back home and I have to prepare again for this Wednesday's class at the church. I am hoping to get a schedule down so I don't have to prepare the night before like I have done the first two weeks. That would free up some time to write a few more posts. Or watch the west wing marathon on Bravo.

No comments: