Friday, April 01, 2005

Baseball Predictions

Each year before the season I usually write out which teams I think will make the playoffs and then win the world series. This year I am deciding to make my predictions public so I can claim fame and fortune for accurately selecting the correct teams.

American League East - New York Yankees
American League Central - Minnesota Twins
American League West- Anaheim Angels
Wildcard - Detroit Tigers


You heard it here first; the Red Sox will miss the playoffs this year and will be replaced by the once lowly Tigers. When I look at the Red Sox I just don't see how their starting pitchers can hold up for the whole year. The Tigers are young and promising and even though their pitching staff isn't that much better than the sox, they play in an easier division and will win more games. The Twins will be very good again this year and have the best pitcher in baseball. I also love their young players. The Angels will win a watered down division and the Yankees, well they're the Yankees.

National League East - Atlanta Braves
National League Central - Pittsburgh Pirates
National League West - San Diego Padres
Wildcard - Florida Marlins

Yes another big surprise in the National League with the Pirates edging out the Cubs and the Cardinals to win the Central. They have last year's rookie of the year in Jason Bay and budding superstar Oliver Perez. I hate the Cardinal's defense this year and the Cubs will find a way to lose by season's end. I picked the Braves because they have won the division every year since the first Bush administration. The Padres have great young pitching and their batters have had a year to adjust to their new ballpark. Finally the Marlins will win the wildcard by scoring a lot of runs and hoping their bullpen doesn't have to do much.

The American League Champion will be the Twins over the Yankees in 7 games.

The National League Champion will be the Marlins over the Padres in 6 games.

And in a classic World Series between two teams that were supposed to be contracted three years ago the Twins win in 7 games.

Feel free to share these predictions with your friends so you can show off your baseball knowledge.

1 comment:

kyperman said...

I love the Tigers, have since I was a kid, I remember the final out of the 84 World Series, you would have to look long and hard to find a bigger Tiger fan than me...but you are nuts if you think they are a playoff caliber team yet...they are two years away and a quality number 1 pitcher and another set up man. I wish you were right....if the Tigers make the post-season, you are indeed gifted and should move to Las Vegas.