Sunday, January 06, 2008

Last Night

The debates were finally interesting. Getting rid of the also rans and letting the candidates actually speak for more than 30 seconds helped. Since Romney is fond of the olympics, he must have felt like Nancy Kerrigan being taken out at the knees by Tonia Harding. It was obvious that all the candidates took personal pleasure from attacking Romney. It makes me wonder why he is so disliked? Regardless, it doesn't really matter because no way does he survive the attacks last night. McCain is looking better and better and even Thompson had a good night.

On the Democratic side, Clinton showed her ugly side after getting ripped by both Obama and Edwards. Watching her I thought she was going to have an aneurysm. So much for her likability. Obama came across very confident and level headed. The only questions left are the margin of victory for Obama and will Edwards beat her for second.

Meanwhile my Steelers disappointed me again. Their offensive line was awful and Ben played his worst half of the season. But as always, they teased me by taking the lead late only to give away the game. Coach Tomlin definitely coached like a rookie. He should have never gone for 2 especially after the 10 yard penalty. He also was way too conservative when they got the ball back with the lead. Oh well, they were only going to lose to the Patriots next week anyway.

4 comments:

noah said...

i was glad that the jags atleast scored again after the steelers last touchdown. hines ward got away with an obvious facemask which the refs called as defensive pass interference.

atleast pittsburg made the playoffs, that's better than i can say about the eagles. plus you've still got your super bowl ring from 2 years ago to help ease your pain.

and no, new england won't win the super bowl.

Tameshia said...

Watching Obama and Edwards gang up on Clinton made me smile. Gave me hope for my dream ticket!

Sorry your Steelers lost. I know you think it's wishful thinking but, I'm hoping the Titans can pull off a win today.

DAKOTARANGER said...

I thought I covered pretty well why Romney was hated last year.

DAKOTARANGER said...

Oh yeah, on Mrs. bill clintion's likability I seam to remember a couple of your ex-girlfriends that she reminds me of, a couple of mother's of a couple women I used to date.

Really, she's in a tough spot. If she acts tough she come across really schrill, like a guys worst nightmare an exwife. If she cries (or crocidle tears) she comes of weak. Shoot, over the last week I would worry about a bipolar disorder...but I've never had any respect for her anyway.