Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Gilmore Girls


Ok. I admit it. I am addicted to the Gilmore Girls. I started catching the occasional episode a year or two ago after I saw Lauren Graham on celebrity poker. But over Christmas break I began watching the reruns everyday and I am hooked. In fact, I rush home after work to catch the 5 O'clock airing. It reminds me of racing home from elementary school to watch Star Blazers with Ryan Boeskool.

I realize that the show is supposed to appeal to women. I can't help enjoying it. My Step dad thinks I am crazy and told me he couldn't watch it because the over acting irritates him. And while they do overact, that is part of the show's charm. I like the fast paced, witty dialogue and the endearing honesty in their relationships. No other show approaches their level in terms of addressing family dynamics. I especially appreciate Loralai's relationship with her mother. I am sure a lot of women can relate. And lately, I am enjoying Lane and how she balances her rebellious youth while still respecting her repressive mother.

Throw in all the quirky side-characters in town and it adds up to a very fun hour of TV. And unlike all my other re-run favorites, I haven't seen every episode several times. My only regret is that I never really watched it when it was on prime time. But good news; I hear they may make a movie based on the show.

4 comments:

DAKOTARANGER said...

I've known quite a few guys like Taylor. I think dad had someone like that on every churchboard he ever had.

Tameshia said...

It takes a brave, secure man to admit not only his love of chick flicks but also of The Gilmore Girls.

;o)

Loving Our Homeschool said...

Hmmmm....I have a single female friend who also loves the Gilmore Girls.

I'm just saying.

We only have 5 channels, so I've only seen this show once or twice, but I liked it when I saw it.

Anonymous said...

No wonder I saw so many chick flicks in college b/w Rob Dawson and Jeff Cobb I was doomed....

cj