Tuesday, December 11, 2007

What's up with Drudge?

Every day on the Drudge Report, there is a new "article" blasting away at Mike Huckabee. It's as if they are doing the dirty work for Romney. It's bad enough that Hugh Hewitt practically begs Romney to french kiss him every time he writes a column but I like Drudge and expect more from him. After all, I view his site everyday but I don't need to read any more Romney press releases. Enough already. It just reveals how truly desperate Romney is and I suspect his internal polling is worse than the public polls. Romney is in trouble with a capitol T; and not just in River City but all across Iowa.

One thing that I am beginning to notice is that Romney and Thompson are both going after Huckabee for being too liberal on crime, immigration, taxes and spending. Ironically, Huckabee's "liberal" side is what draws me too him and what separates him from the rest of the field. Me personally, I am a social conservative and there of plenty of candidates to choose from. But I am also an economic moderate and Huckabee is the only candidate who comes close to my political philosophy. I won't support someone who blames illegal aliens for all our ills, offers nothing but tax cuts and "the free market" to help the middle class and thinks health care and the environment are democratic issues that will take care of themselves. If that's your candidate (Fred Thompson) more power to you but that's not for me.

I am sure the political establishment will continue their attacks on Huckabee but I don't think they will work. In fact, I foresee him increasing his lead going into Christmas and winning big in Iowa and South Carolina.

6 comments:

DAKOTARANGER said...

I've also seen attacks on the good Mayor. I guess Drudge could be in the tank for Gov Romney. Honestly, I think the media wants either a political subway series or a political version of Yankees-Red Sox...it would make good copy for them.

I could have held my nose to vote for him if Senator Thompson gets the heave ho after Super Tuesday(something I CANNOT do for Gov Romney or the good Mayor)voted for him until I found out he pardoned a 1000 criminals. That's way more than enough for me not to really consider voting for someone.

DAKOTARANGER said...

Besides, he's got the hot hand right now...that's what the media does, even Drudge.

Shoot, the lady that stepped forward on Sunday and stopped that monster the media has worked overtime to find anything to discredit what she did. It's in the media's nature to try to tear down good people since the 19th century yellow journalism to now.

Jon said...

Maybe Drudge is doing Huckabee a favor by releasing all the negatives while Huckabee has momentum. Either the negative stories stop Huckabee's momentum or by releasing the negatives now, his momentum carries him through the bad press and he's gotten the negatives out of the way. It appears that the negative stories aren't hurting him much.

I won't judge any of his pardons unless I have the particular facts. Pardoning is one way to save tax payer dollars, especially if the offender has health problems. (I'm not saying that is the right reason to pardon someone, but it is hard to justify free health care for prisoners while the rest of us have to pay big money for health care).

Furthermore on the pardon issue, we get a terrible rate of return on our prison system. Prisons make people better at crime and less likely to be law abiding citizens. Prisons are one aspect of government where Republicans seem to be in favor of BIG GOVERNMENT! It is one thing if someone poses a danger to the community, but it is just idiotic though to spend big bucks to lock up the Martha Stewart-type criminals.

The majority of voters have started tuning out the religious attacks against all the candidates. Voters want to make up their own minds about candidates & religious views, but they don't want the media talking about it.

DAKOTARANGER said...

Jon, my solution according to Easterners make me a racist so I won't impart what we should do about criminals. I'm fully aware that prisons are referred to as Criminal University.

Feltzy said...

Hey Fetz-what would YOU do about immigration? They are definitely not to blame for all our ills but they are definitely one of them. I sure that you have seen the numbers about the sever drain that they are on this economy. Why do people, who aren't paying taxes or contributing anything BACK to this nation deserve all of the benefits of citizenry?
I am fine with allowing the people that are here to become US citizens because not only would they then become tax payers, we could finally PROSECUTE them for their crimes! It is amazing to me that people hit the fight in the middle east as us trying to be too much of the Global Cops but then we can't even deport those who come into this country illegally.

I have direct access to some of the problem down here in Texas and the stupidity of saying that these people should now have Social Security rights when they are illegal? Unbelievable! IF these people are really contributing members of society, then they need to be more than just a body in a sweat shop and need to be subject to ALL that this country has to offer=it's benefits, as well as it's ACCOUNTABILITY!

Anonymous said...

Fetz,

Huckabee is a one state wonder I doubt he wins another state. It is just not the fact he is a liberal economically, he has no clue what he is doing. California is 14 billion dollars in debt partly due to illegals getting free access to our schools and hospitals. In fact we have 5-6 hospitals a year here virtually on the verge of bankruptcy due to them showing up in the emergency room with no attempts to pay for it.

Huckabee is a great speaker and I love listening to him, and I would love to have him as my pastor, but not my president.

cj