Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Moving closer

The 2008 presidential race continues to move at a rapid pace. This weekend about 30 thousand Iowans will vote in the Republican straw poll. While some candidates are not competing in the event, it does give lesser known candidates to make a name for themselves with a strong showing. One of those candidates is former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee. I didn't know much about him before he entered the race but the more I hear him speak and the more I read about him, the more I like him. I am not quite to the point where I am ready to endorse any one particular person yet but I find myself rooting for Huckabee to do well this weekend and breath some new life and new money into his campaign. The Weekly Standard recently wrote a fair story about Huckabee that has more details about him. I would encourage folks to read it.

1 comment:

DAKOTARANGER said...

If Fred doesn't enter I'm just going to write you in...You may be a little liberal, but at least your pro-life.

I'm going to have to hide my tools better though