Friday, August 31, 2007

Are you Ready for some Football

Last night I attended the Lions-Bills preseason game. While the action on the field was pretty dull, the event still heightened my anticipation for football season. Earlier this week I had two of my fantasy football drafts and both turned out decent. As always Running Back depth will be a problem but it is for everybody. I have two more drafts this weekend, so maybe I will end up with at least one team that I really love going into the season.

I just read ESPN's football preview and nobody is picking the Steelers to win the Superbowl. What a bunch of morons. How quickly they forget that this team won the Superbowl only two years ago with many of the same players. I guarantee that the Steelers rise above the pundits expectations.

Late last year my friend Charlie "mad dog" Thornhill passed away. For those who never meant him, he was a great guy and former spartan football legend in the 60's. In fact, he told me he once had 50 tackles in a game against Wisconsin. To honor his memory some guys in my building started a scholarship fund in his name and they are selling T-shirts to raise money for the fund. Tomorrow, I am going to the Michigan State-UAB game and wearing the t-shirt in his honor. I am looking forward to that.

As summer winds down, I do get leery of the coming weather and shorter days. But at least football provides something to look forward to this fall.

5 comments:

Derek said...

"As summer winds down, I do get leery of the coming weather and shorter days. But at least football provides something to look forward to this fall."

Amen! :-)

DAKOTARANGER said...

The thought of cold weather has caused me to start praying for global warming already.

GO COWBOYS!!!

Derek said...

App. State: 34 - Michigan: 32

That puts a damper on your football season. I feel for you as a friend but then I think of Lance Vischer mocking me and daunting me & rubbing it in my face when Michigan (w/Desmond Howard) beat Notre Dame that one year & I did nothing to provoke him other than to root for my team.

What a great way to start the season!!!

DAKOTARANGER said...

What season?

Derek said...

Taunting me - not daunting me... oops