Saturday, February 03, 2007

Da Bears

This year's Superbowl is completely different to me from Last year's game. This time last year I was an anxious mess worrying about my Steelers. This year I hardly have a rooting interest. Although, I do really like Tony Dungy. He is a former Steeler himself and he hails from Mid Michigan. But the main reason I like him is because of his Christian witness. To me, very few other men live out their faith in such a positive way as Coach Dungy does. If more of us followed his example the world would be a much better place.

As for the actual game, the keys are run defense, turnovers and special teams. Everybody knows the Colts run defense is the worst to ever reach a Superbowl. Although they have played much better in the playoffs I trust Chicago's defense much more. Give this edge to the Bears.
Both quarterbacks are prone to make mistakes and the question is which defense is best equipped to capitalize on those turnovers. I'd say this area is a draw but whoever wins the turnover battle wins the game. Finally, who will be the special teams star? Will it be Adam Vinateri kicking another game winning field goal or will it be Devin Hester returning a punt for a touchdown. This is just a guess but I think Hester has the best return game since Desmond Howard won the MVP. Give the edge to the Bears.

As much as I am rooting for Dungy and the Colts, I have gut feeling that the Bears are going to win the game this weekend. I thought from the very beginning of the season that the Bears were one of the best teams in the league and I never got that same impression from Indy. The bears are not always pretty but they find ways to win and I think they scrap their way to a Superbowl title this year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your thoughts. I like your beard - you've got a face worth covering up...glad I learned that about me 15 years ago!

Here's the kicker...let's say that Da Bears do, indeed, win. Do you know what the headlines will be? The Colts blow it. Even if the score says that the Bears win, no one will give them the win...it will just be that the Colts lost.

Furr

Feltzy said...

Go Colts!

What's really funny is that it's been so long since the Bears have been in the Super Bowl that I was actually a die-hard Bears fan when the '85 Bears made it. The reason that I died as a Bears fan is that Mike Singletary retired and I just couldn't watch football anymore.....until Favre showed up! Welcome back for a 17th season Brett!!!

Teacher Mom said...

Go Colts!

My girls have their finger nails painted blue & white in honor of the Colts, Daddy's idea, can you believe it? I even joined in on the fun, but he declined. LOL