Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Football predictions

It seems like just yesterday that I was drinking champaign from the sweet cup of superbowl victory but alas the NFL season starts tomorrow night with the Steelers defending their crown against the Dolphins. It would have been a great game except that Big Ben is out because of his appendix. I am beginning to think he may be cursed. I can see all these Bengals fans plucking needles into their Roethlisberger doll wishing revenge and casting spells in the name of Carson Palmer.

Every year I like to pretend that I have some talent in predicting the season so I thought I would share my predictions.

AFC East
Miami
New England
Buffalo
NY

AFC North
Pittsburgh
Cincinatti
Baltimore
Cleveland

AFC South
Indianapolis
Jacksonville
Tennessee
Houston

AFC West
San Diego
Denver
Kansas City
Oakland

The Bengals and New England will win the wildcard and Cincinatti will win the AFC championship.

NFC East
Philadelphia
Dallas
NY
Washington

NFC North
Detroit
Chicago
Minnesota
Green Bay

NFC South
Carolina
Tampa Bay
Altanta
New Orleans

NFC West
Seattle
St. Louis
Arizona
San Francisco

Dallas and Tampa Bay are the wildcards and Carolina wins the NFC Championship.

And the super bowl winner is Carolina over Cincinatti in a thriller.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While I can buy some of your predictions I think you have a little to much wishfull thinking as far as the Steelers. With Ben's luck lately he might end up thinking he can't fight his way through a Paper sack.

The Cowboys may be interesting to see, but only to see if that cancer really screws up my team. Unless parcells sends him to Gitmo and has Jack Nickleson deal with him he's not going to be worth anything.

I think that Caroline will end up taking the long road to the Superbowl and if Cinnci is as good as the talking heads predict your right it may be the best Superbowl ever, except for when the Cowboys have won of course.

PS don't change to the Beta version it's pain in the democratic symbol