Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I wish I could write

There are a lot of things that I am itching to write about lately. Unfortunately, I feel constrained by my job to avoid sharing my opinion on these matters with the public. The nature of my job allows me incite into many political dramas facing the state but it also compels me to be silent on many of them.

That's the one problem with blogging. It's a fine line between sharing good information with people while not jeopardizing one's profession and reputation. I heard that a new hiring technique is to google potential employees and read their blogs to see what the person is really like. While it's cool to be self revealing to the public, there is a responsibility attached to it.

I hope that explains the dearth of information regarding Michigan politics in this blog. Believe me I could write something new everyday. But my better judgment and my need for a job prevent me from doing so. If you want to know the real scoop behind what's happening in Lansing and around the state you will just have to contact me personally.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Ah, Fetz dear. A career in politics is not too different than one in the ministry. Good on you for being in control of what you say online. Hey- COME SEE US!

DAKOTARANGER said...

Well Email me I'll get a kick out of it.

DAKOTARANGER said...

Hey Fetz,

I wouldn't worry about it. Tonight I was figuring out how many police report my name potentially appears in.

One for calling in a drunk, one for being hit by a drunk, one for calling in a fire to state radio, having two different people hit my vehicle, the wreck out in MI when I wrecked the Dodge, a couple times to BCI because we found marijuna plants in the flower bed, I had a break in at my place here, called in a stolen bike, and I called in a domestic tonight.

This doesn't count the thirty or forty times I've had to call the various agency for my jobs at the Capitol and the Historical Society.

Anonymous said...

I join. So happens. Let's discuss this question. Here or in PM.