Wednesday, August 16, 2006

For All You Conspiracy Theorists


I just heard on the news last night that NASA can not find the original tapes of the first moon landing. Wow, I know I am disorganized but even I could figure a way to not lose such important historical documentation.

Losing these tapes will only add fuel to all the conspiracy theories that we didn't really land on the moon. Even my stepdad, who is a smart man, thinks that we were probably were duped into believing this event. He and others suggest that it was simply an early Hollywood invention designed to give us a public relations advantage during the cold war. As strange as this sounds, I wouldn't completely rule it out of the question. Where were the bloggers back then to verify the facts?

This morning as I was discussing this story with my co-worker she asked me how long I thought Neil Armstrong practiced saying his famous phrase "one small step for man, one giant step for mankind". This got us to thinking about what else he said up there. The following is my top 10 list of what else he might of said.

1 Where's the restroom?

2 I have an itch but I can't scratch it in this stupid suit

3 Dang, I forgot my camera

4 Take that you Russian commies

5 Visa; never leave home without it

6 Where's the cheese?

7 This is even better than that one summer at space camp

8 Hey, I think I can see the smog over LA from up here.

9 Maybe I should run for Congress. Nah, who would ever vote for an astronaut?

10 I hope those suckers back home believe all this

3 comments:

DAKOTARANGER said...

THE major problem with conspiracy theories about the moon landing or the "crash" at Roswell, NM is that hundreds if not thousands of people would have to remain silent for forty to sixty years respectively.

If landing on the moon was a hoax because of the cold war there would be no reason to keep it up.

Maybe we should legalize marijuna, just to keep those nimrods to high to vote so us adults can actually protect this country

Derek said...

I had the same thought (fuel for the conspiracy buffs) when I read about this.

DAKOTARANGER said...

11. I feel like the Michelin Man in this suit