Monday, July 18, 2005

Hanging with the Furrs

I just got back last night from visiting Matt and Heidi Furr. I have been friends with them since college and was even in their wedding way back when. It was great to see them again. I have to laugh because the last time I visited them was in 2000 and I remember sitting around their kitchen table and they were telling me they didn't want any kids and now they have two kids and one on the way. I just had a similar conversation with my friends Don and Stephanie so I guess I can plan on seeing little Don's running around someday soon. Matt and Heidi are really good parents and their kids are awesome. Libby is so fricken cute and Izak does a mean rendition of the riverdance. It's just funny to see Matt and Heidi in their new role.

I also got to go to the church that Matt is pastoring. I hadn't heard him preach in a long time. Well not in a formal setting at least. Their service was really good. A lot of lay people involved in the service which was nice. They also have communion every week which is very cool. Matt spoke on forgiveness which is usually a topic I don't struggle with but for some reason I think there is somebody that I need to forgive but can't think of who it is. Isn't that weird? I am praying God will reveal who it is and allow me the grace to confront them.

The best part of the trip was just visiting with them again. I love friends that are open and honest and affirmative. It was great to talk about other friends of ours, the good old college days, religion, politics, etc. I don't always realize how blessed I am to have such good friends and even though we don't see each other that often, we can pick up right where we left off. I look forward to seeing the Furr's again and hopefully it won't be another 5 years.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

It was awesome to see you too, Fetz. I love to see how your heart has changed and softened since IWU. What a man of God... You were excellent with our kids too. Love you, dear.