Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Freckles

It has been a scary week. Monday morning I took my cat Freckles to the vet because she had been throwing up and not eating for a couple days. The week before I took her to MSU animal hospital and she was diagnosed with arthritis and they gave her some anti-inflammatory medicine to take. I found out on Monday that the medicine had caused her kidneys to stop working. My Vet was very good and immediately gave her treatment and Freckles has been in the hospital the past two days flushing her kidneys. At first I was concerned she might not make it but she is making progress and I may get to take her home as early as tomorrow.

The thought of losing her really got to me yesterday. I discovered through her illness how emotionally involved I have become with her. I know that sounds weird but she is who I come home to everyday. Before I met Freckles, I was never a cat person but my good friends the Blairs had to get rid of her and so they asked me to take her. Freckles and I hit it off right away and she has lived with me for over 2 years now. She is the sweetest cat I know. She and I have a lot of common interests including laying around and napping. Last night it was hard to sleep without her because I was so used to having her around.

I look forward to having Freckles back home soon.

2 comments:

Jon said...

The boys and I will pray for Freckles.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeff! I'm so sorry about Freckles. I love that cat too. I really hope that things get better. I miss ya man. We need to hang out again. I will hopefully see you tomorrow when we have a great time puttin the dock in! I love ya man!

-Your favorite Nephew,
Jacob