Monday, February 07, 2005

Steelers in 06

I, like most of you, watched the Superbowl last night. Being a Steelers fan there was little to root for but begrudgingly I must congratulate the Patriots on another successful season. We'll see just how good a coach Bill Belicheck is next year when he has all new assistants. For the record he is no Chuck Noll.

Perhaps the best thing I saw was Donnovan McNabb struggle most of the night and throw 3 interceptions. I figure if McNabb (the NFC's best QB) and Peyton Manning (the AFC's best QB)both struggled against the Patriots then Big Ben Roethlisberger's failure is somehow more justifiable. Although how he throws an interception on his first pass against the Patriots remains a mystery.

I still look forward to next season. For the Steelernation hope springs eternal and I am already picking them as a touchdown favorite to win the Superbowl next year in Detroit.

2 comments:

kyperman said...

About your comments on the Pats and Steelers...I am not a huge Patriots fan, I do admire Tom Brady for his attitude, poise, and Michigan playing days.

The Steelers had a great season, that, cannot be denied. However, they are not there yet as the game vs. the Pats proved. Big Ben is a rookie, he is going to get bigger, they key is gonnna be, will he be a star before his teammates move on.

As far as the Mr. McNabb is concerned...I agreed at the time, and agree now with Rush Limbaugh...he is a very overrated quarterback. He had all his weapons including T.O. and still could not get it done.

Matt and Heidi said...

What a great game...close, intense...and my team won! Go Pats!!! Since we lived out there, I've had a special place in my heart for the Pats...it's been fun to watch them dominate. But just like Tiger, there will be a day...and I doubt that Pittsburgh will be their Vejay...