Sunday, February 01, 2009

What a game!


I realize I am impartial because my Steelers won but that was a great, great game. I watched with a couple fellow Steelers fans and we never relaxed the entire game. We all knew that not getting touchdowns inside the red zone was going to come back and bite us.

I give the Cardinals a ton of credit for coming back in the fourth quarter. Kurt Warner is an amazing QB and I kind of like Fitzgerald as well. But I was happy that they scored so quickly and that Big Ben would have a few minutes left to pull out a miracle. He always does his best when his back is against the wall. And Holmes definitely moved up on the list of great players in Steelers history.

Has there ever been a greater play than James Harrison's interception return just before halftime? What an incredible turn of momentum. How he stayed in bounds and scored is beyond me. I was also impressed they didn't get called for clipping. It might have been the only play that the refs didn't throw a flag on.

It's truly fun to be a Steelers fan. I love that we win but I love that we do things the right way. We have a classy owner, we have good guys that play for us and we play sound football. Now we just have to rebuild the offensive line and we should be back for number 7 next year.

3 comments:

DAKOTARANGER said...

I can't believe I slept through almost the whole thing...Granted I couldn't fall asleep until 1600hrs Sunday night. I saw the score and realized I missed the greatest Superbowl ever!@ UG

Anonymous said...

What game?

Don

Anonymous said...

I thought last nights game was fun it had just about everything in it. However, the greatest Super Bowl is still the Titans/Rams in 2000. That game literally ended on the 1 yard line with perhaps the greatest tackle in football history.

cj