Thursday, August 28, 2008

Repubican prediction

Well since I was dead on picking Joe Biden as Obama's VP, I thought I would quickly go on record and predict McCain's VP.

The story today is that it could be announced as soon as tonight. I am going to play it safe and say it will be Mitt Romney. He does bring a good economic resume to the table and having Michigan ties definitely helps. Personally I am not thrilled with Romney but he will be disciplined and on message.

My guess is that McCain really wanted to pick Lieberman but his advisers will have talked him out of it. And they are probably right. With the race beginning to trend in McCain's favor why take such a risk? We will soon find out if McCain is really a maverick or if he is being forced into a more conventional Bush style campaign of shoring up base.

3 comments:

Jeannie said...

aaahhhh...watching the convention with pain...i cannot believe the words coming out of obama's mouth.

the arrogance of this ticket is mind-boggling.

Jeannie said...

"this election is not about me, it's about you."

HA! UNBELIEVABLE

DAKOTARANGER said...

I'm so glad you were wrong about this one. I just wish I could meet a woman like Governor Palin for myself...So this is how chris matthews feels.