Friday, March 09, 2007

I hate Kroger

I went to Kroger last night to pick up a few groceries. When I got to the check out I realized that I don't have my Kroger card on me. I hate carrying those cards around and usually they just swipe a generic card if I don't have mine. Not last night. Instead the cashier tells me that I have to fill out a new application for a new card. After arguing with her for a few minutes, a whole line has settled in behind me and I am in no mood to fill out their stupid application. I was very tempted to just walk out and leave all the groceries there to make the point that I think having to use a card is stupid. But I was in a hurry and didn't want to have to drive to another store. I finally wrote some chicken scratch on the form with the wrong name and address and figured to heck with them. It is so irritating that they won't simply put their products on sale without having to use the card. Without the card the prices are much higher than say Meijer or Walmart. The only reason they have the cards is to keep track of my shopping habits. I wonder if their card is the forerunner to the mark of the beast. Well as of today I am officially boycotting Kroger until they change their policy.

3 comments:

Teacher Mom said...

You tell 'em, Jeff!! We live about 2 seconds from Kroger but only go there if we need an ingredient really quick that we're missing for something we're making at that moment. I do 99.9% of my shopping at Meijer even though it's a bit farther away. I will vehemently complain if they ever get those stupid cards!

DAKOTARANGER said...

I can see it now Janet Reno's Jack-booted thugs will be knocking on your door in Februry 2009.

Anonymous said...

Jeff, I love your blog. It's been a while, how ya been?

Darren Campbell