Monday, March 26, 2007

Another reason to dislike Katie

The other night Katie Couric interviewed John Edwards and his wife about the recent announcement that her cancer had come back. Instead of being warm and understanding as you would expect from a former Today Show host, she went on the attack as if she was paid for by Sen. Clinton's campaign. I have no intention of voting for Edwards but he and his wife are decent people that deserve better treatment than what they received from her. Doesn't she have something better to do than badgering a cancer patient? Surely there is a celebrity trial that she could cover instead.

To listen to her go on and on and on follow this link: http://www.ifilm.com/video/2836152

3 comments:

Jon said...

Your point may be valid, but people would complain if she went soft on them too.

I haven't seen the interview since I have no interest in it.

Tameshia said...

Her questions were more like mini-editorials. It would be nice to have heard their responses and the actual exchange between the two.

Beth Wilmot said...

I heard this yesterday. I agree, it would be interesting to hear the entire exchange, but this one "question" of hers is really more like a speech. Having a close relative with cancer myself, my heart goes out to the Edwards family. Whatever their politics, they deserve better treatment than what they got in this situation.