Sunday, November 20, 2005

A Bad Day for Michigan


Yesterday was a terrible day for Michigan sports. Not only did Michigan blow a fourth quarter lead to Ohio State, but Michigan State looked pathetic against Penn St. So much for starting the season 4-0. Now both schools should seriously evaluate if Carr and Smith should return next year. Neither one of them got the best out of their team this year.

If that wasn't bad enough Michigan State's basketball team also lost to Hawaii. I thought they were supposed to be good this year. Oh well. I would hate to be at one of Izzo's practices this week. Good thing basketball unlike football is forgiving so they still have a chance to right the ship. Speaking of basketball, I guess the Pistons are not going unbeaten this year. I can understand losing on the road to Dallas but by 37 points.

Even the one team that Michigander's have come to depend on also lost yesterday. Yes the Red Wings continue their recent swoon by losing their fourth and a row. And this time to the crappy St Louis Blues. I didn't even know St Louis still had a hockey team.

Now our state's hope for winning anything this weekend rests with Lions and I am not counting on them beating the Cowboys. Heck I wouldn't even count on them beating either Ohio St or Penn St if they had to play them. But while things look bad at least I don't live Miami. They had an even worse day.

2 comments:

Feltzy said...

Well, it is good for you to realize that there are indeed sports going on outside the state of Michigan. I have a love for the great Maize & Blue but unfortunatly, the Big Ten is not the powerhouse conference that it once was. Besides, it is all about Texas and USC this year!There is also a little thing called the COLORADO AVALANCHE that the people in Detroit seem to forget about! It is so wonderful to have that "Great Lakes Bias" challenged! It will be good for you!

Feltzy said...

Check out my finally updated blog at williamshall.blogspot.com