Monday, June 13, 2005

What's wrong with the Pistons?

I missed the first game of the finals so I was very excited to see game 2. Under Larry Brown, the Pistons have never fallen behind in a series by more than one game so I expected the Pistons to win last night and make the series competitive. Instead, they played the worst game I have seen them play all season. After the first minute they were down 8-0 and it only got worse from there. They looked tired, uninterested and unsure of themselves. It was a completely pitiful performance. What happened to the team from last year that was tough and resilient and never stopped competing? After game 1 I thought maybe our bench was a the problem but the starters didn't show up in game 2. The game got so bad that I changed the channel and watched some made for TV movie about two singles that are put in charge of raising a 10 year old. It's sad that some crappy movie is more interesting than the Pistons. After last year maybe I expect too much. After all they did get back to the finals again. Maybe the Spurs are really this good but I doubt it. If Seattle can give them a competitive series, why can't the Pistons? Hopefully, the Pistons can get some momentum from the home crowd tomorrow night. If not, it's going to be a short series and a long off-season.

2 comments:

DAKOTARANGER said...

They left their brass knuckles at home.

Matt and Heidi said...

looks like they found the brass knuckles...ouch!!